What are the SMA Lifestyle Centers?
SMA has opened senior-oriented facilities as part of the Senior Experience offering annual physical exams. The exam is offered without a co pay to all new and current Senior Dimensions members, who have selected SMA as their provider.
In addition, the Senior Social Club at the Lifestyle Center offers the following:
• Health education classes, support groups and seminars;
• Assistance with accessing community resources;
• Various social activities, including Wii tournaments, movies and game days.
Where are the SMA Lifestyle Centers?
There are two locations:
• 5820 S Eastern Ave, Suite 100 (between Patrick and Russell);
• 8680 W Cheyenne Ave (west of Durango); Social Club is in separate building across parking lot
What are the hours?
Appointments for the medical clinic begin at 7:00am. The normal hours of operation for the Senior Social Club are 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Special events or activities may be offered at other times.
What is included in the physical exam offered at the Lifestyle Center?
The physical exams are limited to Senior Dimensions members (and those with straight Medicare-only) and include:
• A comprehensive physical exam – 30 minutes with the nurse and 30 minutes with the provider;
• All vitals and any tests relevant to a patient’s specific needs can also be conducted, including EKGs, bone mineral density tests, pulmonary function tests, ABIs, glucose monitoring, etc.
Please note the exam does not include the following: Eye exams, glaucoma or hearing tests; colonoscopies; co pays for referrals to specialty providers or shingles vaccinations; or completion of disability paperwork.
In addition, most lab tests will be ordered and sent to Quest, and X-ray orders will be sent to Radiology.
Will my regular doctor be located here?
No. Only annual physical exams will be provided at the Lifestyle Center. Any follow-up issues will communicated and coordinated with your primary care provider, as needed.
Will there be an on-site lab?
Limited testing such as a urinalysis may be done at the site. However most of the tests will be performed at a Quest facility, for which co pays may apply.
Do I need to be a Senior Dimensions member to participate in activities at the Lifestyle Center?
No. Any senior is welcome to participate in the social activities, seminars, and events at the Senior Social Club, regardless of age or insurance.
Where can I get more information?
Information and a calendar of events will be distributed on a regular basis. Seniors can also call the toll free number for the Lifestyle Centers at 866-249-7674 or 702-750-2350 for more information.