If you received a message that said “The delegator and the delegate cannot be the same person”, you will need to set up an account for the child you want added to your account.
In order to add your child/children so you can schedule appointments for them, each child will need a My SMA Health Online account. To create a My SMA Health Online account, please follow the steps below to create your child’s/children’s account:
· Go to the Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) website smalv.com.
· Toward the middle of the page under “Get Started” please enter your child’s last name, DOB, and Patient ID. Then click on the “Next” button. If you need your child’s Patient ID, use the “Find My Patient ID” link.
· Under “Account Information”, please enter a unique username for your child’s account. (Username must be at least 5 characters with no spaces or special characters).
· Under “Password”, enter a password to be used with your child’s username. (Password must be 6-12 characters and contain at least 1 number and 1 letter, no spaces or special characters).
· Enter an email address for your child’s account.
· Enter a security question and answer.
· Click Submit
An email will then be sent to your child’s email address that will enable you to activate your child’s account.
Some email services may flag the confirmation email as spam/junk mail. If you didn't receive the activation email, please check the spam/junk filter of your email account. Please note that email services may flag the confirmation email as spam/junk mail and will not deliver our email to your spam/junk mail.
To prevent our emails from being labeled as spam/junk mail, please update your spam/junk mail settings and add the domains of @smalv.com and @uhc.com to your list of domain names that you wish to receive emails from. Adding these domain names will allow you to receive emails from the different email addresses that we may use.
Please remember it is your responsibility to manage your child’s username and password to maintain the security of your child’s account and so you can access your child’s account in the future.