To create a My SMA Health Online account, please follow the steps below to create your account:
1. Go to the Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) website smalv.com.
2. Toward the middle of the page under “Get Started” please enter your last name, DOB, and Patient ID. Then click on the “Next” button. If you need your Patient ID, use the “Find My Patient ID” link.
3. Under “Account Information”, please enter a unique username for your account. (Username must be at least 5 characters with no spaces or special characters).
4. Under “Password”, enter a password to be used with your username. (Password must be 6-12 characters and contain at least 1 number and 1 letter, no spaces or special characters).
5. Enter an email address for your account.
6. Enter a security question and answer.
7. Click Submit.
An email will then be sent to your email address that will enable you to activate your account.
Some email services may flag the confirmation email as spam/junk mail. If you didn't receive the activation email, please check the spam/junk filter of your email account. Please note that email services may flag the confirmation email as spam/junk mail and will not deliver our email to your spam/junk mail.
To prevent our emails from being labeled as spam/junk mail, please update your spam/junk mail settings and add the domains of @smalv.com and @uhc.com to your list of domain names that you wish to receive emails from. Adding these domain names will allow you to receive emails from the different email addresses that we may use.
Please remember it is your responsibility to manage your username and password to maintain the security of your account and so you can access your account in the future.
Remember usernames and passwords are case sensitive.